making your home more sellable
Buyers often struggle to see past your personal tastes and style to picture living in your home. There are often just a few minor “fixes” that don’t take much time or even money that can help potential buyers see greater value in homes.
Here are just a few general items you consider when preparing your home to sell.
- Ensure all newspapers and mail are collected daily.
- Clear the front entry and pathway of any leaves, dirt and cobwebs.
- Give the yard a good clean-up including lawn mowing, weeding of garden beds and trimming of overgrown hedges.
- Add some colour by planting some flowers, purchasing a hanging basket or a pot of flowers.
- Ensure all toys, garbage, recycling and outdoor tools are put away so that the front exterior is clean and uncluttered.
- Got a paved driveway? Adding a fresh coat of sealer for minimal costs can have a maximum impact on curb appeal.
- Ensure the entry and rooms are cleared of clutter so they appear more spacious.
- De-clutter those items that are taking away from the impact of space like extra chairs, that old dining room hutch, that extra side table that collects the clutter. Start packing those items early since you will be moving anyway.
- When putting things away, closets and drawers should appear organized.
- Don’t underestimate the impact of a good dusting, vacuuming and washing of the floors and windows.
- Clean bathrooms and put all personal toiletries away.
- Clean the kitchen, ensure daily dishes are put away and countertops are cleared of clutter to show maximum work space.
- A fresh coat of paint can transform a space from feeling dark and foreboding to warm and welcoming.
- If you have completed any major repairs recently save the receipts so that purchasers can see what work was done and when. Even better, take before and after pictures to leave out for potential buyers to see the transformation.
When you choose homeliveshere.com, we will give your home a complimentary face-lift to present a camera-friendly first impression that may include staging (furniture and accessories available as required), painting and minor repairing of your home.